Friday, July 20, 2012

Pause

Image Credit: Mark Rantal
I'm taking a moment to pause from talking about foodie-related anything today.  I don't hide the fact that I'm a fan of sci-fi and geek culture. 

Today we lost members of our own community.  I never knew the people involved but had I lived in the Denver area one thing is sure - these would be people I would have known from cons,  fan groups and various friends circles.  The types of people who wait up all night for the premiere of a new science fiction movie are my people.  As such the tragic and senseless events of today hit close to home.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by today's shooting and their families. 

Before the conjecture and sensationalism begin please remember that those affect today are our people. Our community. We all mourn their loss.  Please handle this with respect and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment